Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slacker

Slacker just can't seem to get this right. It's getting downright annoying.

Ever since, I think, Apple OS update 3.2, the slacker app's sleep timer functionality has been broken. It doesn't have a timer on its own, it's supposed to use the iPhone's built-in sleep timer to turn itself off after a preset length of time.

Needless to say, it's been broken for well over seven or eight months. For me, I need to fall asleep to some type of noise. Without slacker, I had to resort to an app called Irelax which plays weather noises, nature noises, or white noise to help me get to sleep. With my new iPhone four, two nights ago I decided to try the sleep timer once again. It worked! I was ecstatic! I don't know what happened between two nights ago and last night but I tried again to fall asleep to slacker last night and it didn't work! The music never turned off and I was awoken by the music at 5:30 in the morning this morning.

Oh how painful it was. I just don't understand it, I tried the timer with Pandora and that works just fine, but I don't like Pandora. Their music selection is just too narrow for me. I guess I'll have to get used to it though. That's why I can't use my own music collection to fall asleep, I don't even have enough songs to satisfy myself.

Oh well, I wish they'd get it right. Apple blames slacker, slacker blames Apple, and in all that time. I can't get to sleep. So goes the breaks in modern technology. I hope it works some day, thanks for reading my rant.

On a sidenote, I made this post using dragon voice recognition as well as posting with ping FM. Two services that make the public life a lot easier, I believe you'll see more postings starting today. Try them out sometime, I'm not affiliated with them at all. Thanks for reading.

No comments: