Sunday, February 7, 2010

My response to Japanese iPad article

Response to http://ow.ly/14Mb7 touting the iPad as the next best great study tool.

I don’t understand why people think the iPad is the next revolutionary tool for study and learning. Other than it’s speed, worldwide computer companies have been making very good tablet computers and standard computers that can do more than any iPad could ever hope to do. Fujitsu, IBM/Lenovo, Acer, to name a few. Here is the link to a video I made that touts all the things my tablet can do. http://ow.ly/11Yet

I have been using my tablet for work and play just about everyday with no complaints. Even the speed, though not as fast, is just fine for working. And the pen/stylus (for me) is a necessity for taking down notes and drawing pictures of things I learn as well as when I make notes and tests for my students.

It’s really quite a surprise how people are just finding out about tablets because of Apple. Please don’t forget about the others though, in many ways, they are better.

No comments: